Assisi School of Nursing
Recognised by the Indian Nursing Council, Kerala Nursing and Government of Kerala
We Care, God Cures. Healing Ministry in the Church is purely the continuation of mission of Christ Jesus, the Healer. The modern Nursing as noted by Florence Nightingale is a noble Profession, a call and vocation to be the eyes of the blind, the ear of the deaf, the voice of the dump and the hand of the handicapped.
Assisi School of Nursing is developing the young women into well integrated nursing personnel inculcated with both Christian and humanitarian values. The school of Nursing started in the year 2005 was functioning in the hospital annex for three years. In 2008, October, the school was shifted to the new school building. The school is blessed with sufficient physical facilities and infrastructure as per INC requirements. The class rooms are spacious enough to accommodate 30 students. Laboratory facilities are provided for Fundamentals of Nursing, Community health Nursing, Nutrition, Obstetrical Nursing, Pediatric Nursing and computer lab. AV Aid room and Anatomy lab are well equipped with necessary materials and specimen. Our library is having more than 1000 books with adequate seating arrangements.
The School of Nursing is recognized by both Indian Nursing Council and Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council. The Inspectors have expressed their great appreciation in the infrastructure of the school specially the hostel block. The students are provided with enormous living facilities in the hostel. Two students are occupying a room. All facilities are provided in the hostel like washing and ironing, play – ground, recreation hall etc. The hostel is managed by the religious sisters. A well equipped hostel managed by sisters is available for the students.
The School of nursing is in a separate campus at Propose. It offers 3 years of integrated training programme in General Nursing and Midwifery.
Assisi School of Nursing is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council, Kerala Nursing and Government of Kerala to offer the diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery Programme.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skill and ability to provide holistic nursing care to individual, families, and community.
- Themselves values of dedication and commitment to the profession and the people.
- Participate as the member of the health team to provide preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative health care service.
- Involve in the activities of professional organizations.
- Contribute to the upliftment of the needy people of the society.
- Impart health care knowledge to patients and relatives.
- Achieve skills in leadership.